JOIN A TEAM THAT LIVES TO IMPROVE LIVES
Senior scientist position: Antibody Discovery
- The candidate needs to be hands-on in the lab, lead and mentor team members and develop an antibody discovery team, offer scientific and technical leadership within team and cross-functionally;
- Design and execute innovative approaches and stay up-to-date on technologies for antibody discovery and actively apply new concepts to improve functional area capabilities;
- Effectively manage the workflow of the group to ensure quality, prioritization, and timeliness of all projects
- PhD with a minimum of 4 years of related experience or a BS/MS with a minimum of 8 years of related experience in cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, biochemistry or a related discipline of relevant experience in antibody discovery
- Skills at molecular biology, antibody discovery, protein engineering, protein chemistry, and bioassays
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, troubleshooting skills, and a logical thought process
- Experience with one or more in vitro display system (phage, yeast and mammalian) is strongly desired
- Strong background in molecular biology including gene cloning, vector designing and mutagenesis etc.
- Experience with designing and generating of antibody display libraries
- Experience with library screening and assay development to identify and rank antibody leads
- Experience in antibody or protein engineering and characterization is required
- Strong skills in communication, problem-solving and cross functional-team collaboration
If interested, please send your CV/resume to email@example.com.
Scientist/Senior Scientist, Antibody Engineering
Located at Mount Prospect, west suburb of Chicago, Sparx Therapeutics, Inc. is a startup but a fast-growing biotech company with focus on antibody discovery. We are seeking a highly-motivated scientist to support our antibody discovery and engineering efforts. The successful candidate will participate in engineering the next generation of antibody therapeutics through rational design and molecular evolution approaches. He/she will enhance the existing properties of antibodies and endow antibodies with brand new capabilities. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding and experience with early-stage drug discovery as it pertains to antibodies and antibody-based biotherapeutics, especially multi-specific antibody platforms.
- The Position requires expertise in molecular biology and protein biochemistry to design, construct, express and characterize antibody-based biotherapeutics.
- Isolate, sequence, and clone antibody variable domain genes from mouse or human B cells.
- Humanization of antibody variable region genes.
- Execute cloning of recombinant antibody and protein expression constructs.
- Perform antibody characterization using biolayer interferometry (Octet), ELISA, FACS, SDS-PAGE and Western blot.
- Maintain a current understanding of applicable technologies for multi-specific proteins.
- Analyze, interpret, and document experiments, and present results within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
- PhD with 5+ years, or a MS with 8+ years, or a BS with 10+ years of experience in a relevant field in the biotechnology sector is required.
- Deep understanding of antibody structure and biology is required.
- Experience in the use of molecular evolution technologies such as phage display is a plus.
- Extensive experience with PCR methods, cloning and other common molecular biology techniques is required.
- Experience with surface plasmon resonance or biolayer interferometry strongly preferred.
- Strong skills in structural biology and rational design preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills are required as are superior problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
This position provides a unique opportunity for individuals with aspiration to join and contribute to a fast-paced team at a rapidly expanding company. Sparx is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit www.sparxbio.com. Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.