Research Associate, in vitro Pharmacology
Location: Mount Prospect, IL
Position Summary: SparX is looking for a highly motivated, interactive and creative Research Scientist with a strong cell biology background to join the pharmacology team. The primary responsibilities of the Research Associate will be to develop and perform in vitro cellular and/or biochemical assays for antibody drug candidates screening, biological function evaluation in immuno-oncology and oncology drug discovery program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting senior scientists in the various stages of experiments
- Performing basic laboratory procedures, majorly in vitro cellular and/or biochemical assays
- Following SOPs and experimental protocols
- Keeping detailed record of all technical manipulations and results
- Conducting and troubleshooting experiments in the field of pharmacology
- Contributing to laboratory organization and maintenance
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in cell biology, oncology, immunology or related field.
- 3+ years of lab bench experience with a bachelor’s; 1+ years of lab bench experience with a Master’s degree.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques for DNA, RNA and protein preparation and biochemical assays.
- Experience with cell culture techniques and cell-based assays.
- Familiarity with data analysis and graphing software, such as GraphPad Prism or others.
- Adapt at working in a fast paced, dynamic environment within a cross functional team.
- Growth mindset, a willingness to learn and to teach, a strong team player.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Experience with complex cell culture, primary cell cultures, co-cultures are preferred.
- Experience in flow cytometry analysis is preferred.
- Attention to detail, the ability to accurately record experimental details and results.
About SparX Group
SparX Biopharmaceutical Corp. is a research-based development-stage biopharmaceutical company, dedicated to the mission of “strengthening human immunity using robust antibody therapies” through the discovery and development of innovative immuno-oncology agents. Equipped with big data analytical techniques, such as machine learning algorithms, SparX extracts potential interactions from large volumes of complex multi-dimensional public information. Mechanistic pharmacological analyses coupled with in vitro and in vivo evaluations using the syngeneic, transgenic and humanized mouse models, enables SparX’s focus on developing novel or best-in-class therapeutics demonstrating substantial advantages over existing therapies.
Target discovery and validation has historically been the bottleneck in drug development. SparX combines its sophisticated target discovery platform with an integrated multi-component SAILING™ antibody optimization system and a cutting-edge bi-ADC technology to markedly improve the success rate of empowered antibody drug development. In addition to the integrated antibody discovery platform, SparX has built in-house cGMP facilities of significant capacity to produce clinical and commercial drug products, facilitating its evolution into an integrated and independent biopharmaceutical company.
Sparx is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. Sparx is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, uniform service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, Sparx complies with all applicable national, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Sparx is an e-verify employer.